Thursday, 27 February 2014

Bike Riding & Feeding The Ducks

Meg has been asking to go somewhere she can ride her bike for weeks since we moved and we just haven't had the opportunity to do so.  Living on a main road makes me a bit wary of just going for a ride up and down the street; cars whizz so quickly that it makes me nervous to consider her riding out there.

So, with a couple of hours to spare on Sunday evening we headed out to Southport Botanic Gardens to blow off some steam.

The Botanic Gardens are amazing, with a lake running through, a miniature railway, an aviary as well as a play area.  I can imagine it gets very busy in summer.

We must have timed it right however, as it was pretty much deserted when we got there.  Lovely and peaceful, until of course Meg and Eli arrived!

Eli was quite taken with the swans and reserved all his bread for just them.  Ordinary ducks are far too boring apparently.

We even managed to find a sweet little place to stop for a snack, on a carved out dragon.

There were lots of lovely signs of spring too which was so uplifting.  Be gone horrible winter weather!

As usual, I am linking this post up with Coombe Mill's Country Kids.  Do check out some of the other posts, especially if you want some great ideas on how to enjoy this mild weather :)

22 comments:

1. Love that dragon and yay for spring flowers!

ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it makes me look forward to the good weather! Love the picture of your kids sitting on the dragon! x

3. What a lovely outing.

ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a really nice day out - we've never been but I think Little Z would love it. Will have to check it out!

5. The explorer's mum!28 February 2014 at 15:34

Looks like a great day out - the dragon looks fabulous!

ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun. We haven't been to Southport for ages, really must go again soon.

7. looks a perfect spot for everyone! lovely photos too

ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day, I've made a spring resolution to get out more with O. We started last week with a walk round the local nature park. Love to get ideas of others about where to go xx

9. Sara (@mumturnedmom)1 March 2014 at 21:21

Looks like such a lovely afternoon. Love the shot of Meg disappearing off on her bike :) And so lovely to see a sign of spring! #CountryKids

10. Looks like a great place to go, Eli was brave with those swans. Mich x

ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I had no idea it was so lovely there! I've got two choo choo mad toddlers who will love to visit there! Thanks for sharing!!

12. sabrina montagnoli1 March 2014 at 21:47

Sounds like a lovely afternoon to get out on the bike. It's nice when a place has a few things to offer to keep you busy. That dragon is very cool indeed.

ReplyDelete
  13. It looks gorgeous - you guys are definitely doing your best to belong to your new environment!

14. Raimy Greenland2 March 2014 at 09:49

awww, I LOVE that dragon, I want one for my garden! hehe Glad you found a nice safe place for Meg to ride her bike :)

15. Coombe Mill (Fiona)2 March 2014 at 14:40

Perfect timing for a run out and a chance to have some fun on the bikes! I love the dragon carving and the crocuses, a sure sign that Spring is on the way. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pictures, especially the dragon! Birds are always a favourite with children - my toddler loves them too.

ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely place to visit. SO pleased the weather is improving, it;s been a long, wet winter!

ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful clicks. Sounds like you had a great day out.

ReplyDelete
  19. Fresh air is so good for the kids.Love the pictures too.

20. Mary at Keynko3 March 2014 at 17:07

Looks like a lovely place to go. The dragon sculpture is very good and a perfect snack spot! So pleased to see the crocuses out! maybe spring really is nearly here!

ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, looks like a great place to head with the kids. We are always keeping an eye out for somewhere to take D scooting - will have to see where this is in relation to us.

22. Ordinary Cycling Girl6 March 2014 at 14:58

Great to see your little one out on their bike already! My daughter is six and I'm struggling to get her to enjoy riding her bike. It looks like a lovely outdoors day!

ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who've taken the time to read - do leave a comment :)