Wednesday, 12 March 2014

The Gallery: Yellow

Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

I suppose technically this photo doesn't fit the bill for this week's The Gallery theme of 'Yellow'...the colour of the wheat is more golden than yellow but I was trying to be creative with the theme!

I hope I'm forgiven?!

I love this photo as it was taken on a beautiful summer's day last year.

We had just gotten into Geocaching and had persuaded my sister and her boyfriend to join us on one of our expeditions.  Whilst we discovered most of the caches without too much difficulty we were totally unprepared for the relentless heat, the fact that we couldn't take the pushchair across much of the terrain (having to abandon it earlier on the route) meaning someone had to carry Eli for the majority of the day and that a route which wasn't all that far in distance would take about three times as long as it should with two small children in tow.  Oh, that, and having to traverse the field of cows with my sister, who is terrified of them!

Okay, so I haven't painted the trip in the best light but it's the memories that make me smile.  We really didn't have the best time (I forgot to mention that we got horribly lost at one point and had to abandon the trail completely!) but at the end of the day when we'd finally made it back to the car, turning round and looking at Meg clutching her little treasures, made it totally worth it.

And just look at the colour of that sky!

31 comments:

1. Coombe Mill (Fiona)12 March 2014 at 08:38

What a beautiful way to look at all things sunny and yellow. I rather like the rich blue sky too, a lovely photo of some great family outdoor time.

ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Ah, for summer again.....

ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a fab photo! Those fields remind me of being young!

4. What a fab picture. xx

5. My Type Of Thing12 March 2014 at 14:18

We LOVE Geocaching. It was a new discovery for us last summer, but we're planning lots of adventures this year. Fabulous photo.

6. Lisa and Stella12 March 2014 at 18:33

Works as yellow for me :) Having been caught out on geocaching trips before, having to turn back at a "No Dogs Allowed" sign, I double check the terrain etc on the listing now before we go. It's a great hobby :)

7. Sarah MumofThree World12 March 2014 at 20:56

Ha ha! It's a fabulous photo, though! We did geocaching at Center Parcs, which was all very organised and should have been straightforward. We still nearly killed each other though!

ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a wonderful picture. I haven't yet managed to persuade my family of the delights of geocaching but I am working on it!

ReplyDelete
  9. LOl - I got lost in a rape seed field on one geocache day, fun it was not, so I know where you are coming from but overall it is worthwhile :)
    Great photo though.

ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, it looks like a scene from a film. Really beautiful pic. Have you blown it up for your wall?

ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you :) I haven't actually but I should get it printed, it always make me smile.

ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I agree, when people walk past with clearly no idea what you are doing, you do look a bit mad :)

13. Thank you :)

ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks. We haven't tried any geocaching this year yet but must find some trails now the weather is better :)

15. Louise Fairweather13 March 2014 at 20:21

Love that photo!

ReplyDelete
  16. My husband still isn't keen but he goes along with it because the kids love it so much.

17. Haha, oh dear!

ReplyDelete
  18. We have definitely learned from experience and will be triple checking instructions before setting off!

19. Thank you :)

ReplyDelete
  20. Ah thank you, it was a great afternoon even though it doesn't sound like it!

ReplyDelete
  21. It was a gorgeous day, just too hot for geocaching I think!

22. I know, bring it on!

ReplyDelete
  23. It was a beautiful day, but oh so hot!

ReplyDelete
  24. I love geocaching, we discovered it last year! Can't wait to get back into it this year, might go and find one tomorrow :D

25. Sara (@mumturnedmom)15 March 2014 at 14:53

That is an absolutely stunning photo, and I would definitely have that up on my wall! #BlogClub

ReplyDelete
  26. Your photo looks like one you would find in a holiday brochure, stunning #BlogClub

ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh shorts and t shirt weather! I think I remember that! Luke and I really want to start geocaching!

28. That's a fab photo, a lovely Summery day! #theGallery

ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful photo - really superb! The wheat seems to glow!
    I hope you'll come share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/french-corner-bakery.html

ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people who've taken the time to read - do leave a comment :)